There are many fun things to do in Perth and the surrounding area with your dog.
From the ancient Thrombolites in Yalgorup National Park to a day spent driving through the Pinnacles Desert, there is no shortage of exciting day adventures you can do from Perth.
While many day outings are suitable for the whole family, some are not. Unfortunately, your furry buddy won’t be able to tag along with you on your next outdoor vacation because many national parks and public locations have strict no-pets policies.
The good news is that you can bring your dog along on any of these day adventures. More dog friendly places perth here.
Dog-Friendly Places In Perth
Perth, the capital city of Western Australia, offers several dog-friendly places where you can enjoy quality time with your furry friend. Here are some dog-friendly locations in Perth:
1. Kings Park And Botanic Garden
Kings Park and Botanic Garden in Perth welcomes dogs on leash. It is a wonderful location to enjoy with your furry friend. Here are some highlights of Kings Park and Botanic Garden:
- Walking Trails: The park offers a network of scenic walking trails where you can take your dog for a stroll. Explore the various paths that wind through the beautiful gardens and natural bushland.
- City Views: Kings Park is known for its stunning views of the Perth skyline. Enjoy panoramic vistas of the city, Swan River, and beyond while walking with your dog.
- Picnic Areas: There are plenty of grassy areas and designated picnic spots where you can relax and enjoy a picnic with your furry companion. Remember to bring your picnic supplies.
- Dog Exercise Areas: Kings Park also has designated dog exercise areas where your dog can run and play off-leash. These areas provide a safe and controlled environment for your pet to socialize and burn off some energy.
Please note that while dogs are allowed on leash in Kings Park, there are some areas where dogs may not be permitted, such as the Botanic Garden and certain conservation areas. It’s always a good idea to follow the park’s regulations and keep your dog under control during your visit.
2. South Perth Foreshore
South Perth Foreshore is a wonderful destination for a leisurely walk with your dog. Here’s what you can expect when visiting:
- Scenic Walks: South Perth Foreshore features paved paths that run alongside the Swan River, offering stunning views of the city skyline and the river itself. Take a stroll with your dog and enjoy the picturesque surroundings.
- Picnic Areas: The foreshore has several designated picnic areas where you can relax, enjoy a meal, and spend quality time with your dog. Bring a picnic blanket and some snacks to make the most of your visit.
- Riverside Cafes and Restaurants: Along the foreshore, you’ll find a selection of dog-friendly cafes and restaurants with outdoor seating. After your walk, you can stop by one of these establishments to grab a bite to eat or a refreshing drink while your furry friend rests by your side.
- Exercise and Play: While dogs are required to be on a leash at South Perth Foreshore, you can still find open spaces where your dog can stretch its legs and enjoy some exercise. Just be mindful of other visitors and keep your dog under control.
- Off-leash Dog Parks: If your dog is eager for some off-leash playtime, there are designated dog parks nearby, such as Sir James Mitchell Park, where your pup can socialize and run freely.
Remember to bring waste bags to clean up after your dog and keep them on a leash at all times as per the park regulations. Enjoy your time at South Perth Foreshore!
3. Swan Valley
Swan Valley is a renowned wine region near Perth that offers a delightful experience for both you and your dog. Here’s what you can expect when visiting Swan Valley with your furry friend:
Wineries and Vineyards:
Swan Valley is home to numerous wineries and vineyards that produce a variety of wines, from reds to whites, fortified wines, and sparkling varieties. Some wineries in the area allow dogs on-leash in their outdoor areas, making it possible for you to enjoy wine tasting while your dog accompanies you.
Gourmet Food and Treats:
In addition to the wineries, Swan Valley boasts a range of gourmet food producers, including cheese factories, chocolate shops, bakeries, and more. Many of these establishments have outdoor seating areas where you can sample local delights while your dog relaxes by your side.
Swan Valley is known for its picturesque landscapes, with rolling vineyards and stunning views. Take a stroll through the vineyards, enjoy the scenic beauty, and capture memorable moments with your dog.
Swan Valley occasionally hosts pet-friendly events, such as dog-friendly wine tastings or food festivals. Keep an eye on local event listings to see if any such events align with your visit.
When planning your trip, it’s advisable to check the specific wineries’ policies regarding dogs, as rules and regulations may vary. It’s important to keep your dog on a leash, ensure they are well-behaved, and clean up after them to maintain a dog-friendly atmosphere and respect other visitors. Enjoy exploring the wineries and savouring the flavours of Swan Valley with your four-legged companion!
4. Whiteman Park
Whiteman Park is a fantastic destination for dog owners in the northern suburbs of Perth. Here’s what you can expect when visiting Whiteman Park with your dog:
- Walking Trails: Whiteman Park offers a variety of walking trails that wind through its extensive bushland and natural surroundings. You can explore these trails with your dog on a leash, enjoying the fresh air and beautiful scenery together.
- Picnic Areas: There are numerous picnic areas within Whiteman Park where you can relax and have a picnic with your dog. Pack some food and drinks, find a shaded spot, and enjoy a meal amidst the park’s serene atmosphere.
- Off-Leash Dog Park: Whiteman Park features a dedicated off-leash dog park called “The Dog Park at Mussel Pool.” This area provides a safe and enclosed space for your dog to roam and socialize with other dogs off-leash. It’s a great opportunity for your pup to get some exercise and make new furry friends.
- Conservation Areas: Whiteman Park is committed to preserving its natural environment, and there are specific conservation areas within the park. While dogs are welcome on leash throughout most of the park, make sure to respect any restricted areas to protect the local flora and fauna.
Remember to bring waste bags to clean up after your dog and dispose of waste in designated bins. It’s also important to adhere to any signage or guidelines provided within the park to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all visitors. Enjoy your time exploring the walking trails, picnicking, and visiting the off-leash dog park at Whiteman Park!
5. Matilda Bay Reserve
Matilda Bay Reserve is a wonderful destination for dog owners in Perth. Here’s what you can expect when visiting Matilda Bay Reserve with your dog:
- Riverside Walks: Matilda Bay Reserve offers picturesque walking paths along the banks of the Swan River. Take a stroll with your dog, enjoying the serene atmosphere and beautiful views of the river. It’s a great opportunity for both you and your dog to get some exercise and fresh air.
- Picnic and BBQ Areas: The reserve features ample picnic and barbecue facilities where you can set up a picnic with your furry friend. Bring a blanket, pack some delicious food, and enjoy a relaxing outdoor meal while taking in the stunning waterfront scenery.
- On-Leash Dog Area: Dogs are welcome at Matilda Bay Reserve, but they must be kept on a leash at all times. Make sure to bring a leash and keep your dog under control during your visit to ensure the safety and comfort of all visitors.
- Dog-Friendly Cafes: In addition to the reserve’s facilities, there are several dog-friendly cafes located nearby. After your walk or picnic, you can stop by one of these cafes to grab a refreshment or a bite to eat while your dog rests by your side.
Remember to bring waste bags to clean up after your dog and dispose of waste in designated bins. It’s important to respect the park’s regulations and be considerate of other visitors during your visit. Enjoy the peaceful ambience and scenic views at Matilda Bay Reserve with your furry companion!
In conclusion, Perth offers a range of dog-friendly places where you can enjoy quality time with your furry friend. From expansive parks like Kings Park and Botanic Garden to scenic spots like South Perth Foreshore, there are plenty of opportunities for walks, picnics, and relaxation. Additionally, destinations like Swan Valley provide the chance to explore wineries and gourmet food establishments that allow dogs on leash, while Whiteman Park offers extensive bushland, walking trails, and even a dedicated off-leash dog park.
Finally, Matilda Bay Reserve provides a beautiful riverside setting for walks, picnics, and on-leash dog-friendly activities. Remember to follow leash regulations, clean up after your dog, and respect the rules of each location to ensure a positive experience for all visitors. Enjoy exploring these dog-friendly places in Perth and creating lasting memories with your canine companion.